Public participation in decision-making
The Centre for Public Administration Research (KDZ) that manages the BACID programme, the Regional Cooperation Council (RCC) and ReSPA are organising the conference "Unlocking Benefits of public participation in decision-making". The event takes place in Vienna on 11 June 2018.
In the course of three subsequent panels, experts and participants discuss
- how public participation is embedded into policy-making,
- what is concrete added-value of public participation for evidence-based policy-making,
- how can the Western Balkans Recommendation on Public Participation help in achieving Better Regulation,
- why citizens may not be interested in the decision-making process,
- when and how to raise their awareness on the importance of Public Participation and how to attract their interest,
- which decisions need to be taken when designing the process,
- how to select the key stakeholders, and
- what are the most effective communication instruments to target the right public, and
- How to choose most appropriate consultation methods?
In a final workshop, the lessons learned of the Regional Conference “Unlocking Benefits of Public Participation in decision-making” will be compiled. Together with the participants, the two main aspects of public participation in will be elaborated and documented.