The central role of local actors- local, regional, urban administrations, social partners, civil society and academia in the implementation of the EU Strategy for the Danube Area has been recognized at the highest level, especially since the 3rd Annual Forum of the EU Strategy for the Danube Region (EUSDR) and the first Participation Day in Eisenstadt in June 2014. In order to provide an inclusive platform for the exchange and cooperation of local actors in the Danube Region, Priority Area 10 created the Danube Local Actors Platform (D-LAP).
The Advisory Board of the Danube Local Actors Platform meets twice a year to prepare the annual Danube Participation Day of the EUSDR as well as exchange and discuss current and planned projects and initiatives of the members of the D-LAP.
The Danube Local Actors Platform is initiated to provide
- focussed policy recommendations to all levels of the governance system of the EUSDR
- a simple and reliable mechanism of transparent exchange and structured dialogue with civil society and local actors (e.g.: national Participation Days, Danube Participation Days)
- cooperation within the EUSDR and with other macro-regional strategies on the development and implementation of participative governance and place based strategies as well as funding instruments
- a gateway to gear civil society/Non-Governmental Organisations as well as cities and regions and further local actors towards the Priority Areas of the EUSDR, National Contact Points, national Ministries and the European Commission and thereby implement them in the developing governance of the macro-region.
- for each Annual Forum of the EUSDR, integrated events related to the relevant topics of the integration of local actors and place-based strategies in the implementation of the Strategy. If possible, specific thematic stakeholder meetings of the D-LAP will take place between the Annual Fora.
- Information about relevant activities concerning civil society, local actors, governance, EUSDR etc. provided amongst others by the members of the platform on the EUSDR-PA 10 site, easily accessible for other Priority Areas and institutions/organizations.
Targets of the Danube Local Actors Platform
- Further the development of participative governance and place based strategies at the local, regional, national and macro-regional level
- Further the development and implementation of funding adapted to the needs of Civil Society and Local Actors
- Identify areas where particular attention to civil society development and involvement in the Danube region is needed
- Identify synergies and build on best practices of existing projects that are carried out on a national level that could be applicable at the supranational level within the Danube Region
- Identify new projects and initiatives that could be mutually developed by the existing cicil society organisations in the Danube Region
Members of the Danube Local Actors Platform
List of D-LAP members will be added soon.
Would you like to join the Danube Local Actors Platform? Send your request to email@example.com.